Thursday, January 16, 2014

My ridiculous obsession with.....

What is happiness? Can I spray myself with it? Will it come in an extra special bottle, beveled glass, 49.99$ at the makeup counter in a glossy box and make everyone want to stand a little closer to me? When I toss my hair a certain way and it shines and smells just right, will a halo form around me and lift me to a lighted place where a warm glow will fill me with this special word, magically taking away cold and fear and misery replacing it with what everyone seems to lust for?

Or will I walk past it by mistake just trying to go forward each day and move from the situation I am in now, where that word doesn't exist, and miss it because I had my head down, step step step, getting to the next spot in my day..convinced this was the way to finding that elusive ingredient I needed to make "happy."

I am so much better with the sweary words.

No comments: